Friday, September 18, 2009

Logan and Ellie

I told Logan I wanted to do a few things on the computer and asked what he would like to do, he said, "look at Ellie". So he is sitting on my bed talking to her, this is what I am hearing. . .

"I like you Ellie. When you were in mommy's tummy we went to a bat cave. Then we went to the baby doctor and he pushed you out of mommy's tummy."

She must have touched him because he said, "it's okay Ellie you can't hurt me, only Kailey can because she is mean sometimes. You are righteous, you tell the truth okay 'cause I want you to be righteous."

Now he is teaching her by example how to go from criss-cross-applesauce to standing up.

"When you are a big mommy do you want to be a police? You can get the bad guys. I want to be a star wars trooper. Its okay, there is nothing to be afraid of, I will protect you, I will always beat up the bad guys. And I will still be funny when I am a Dad so I can make people laugh. And when I am a trooper I will go to Anna's house so she can see me, and she will say "are you dressed up like a trooper?" and I will say, "I am a real trooper now, but my name is still Logan."

"I like you Ellie. Want to be friends?"

Now he is showing her how to roll, "don't be nervous, I won't get you."

She is starting to whimper, "don't worry Ellie, I will go down stairs and get all the bad buys so they can't get you."

"I was telling you the best story Ellie, I like you." kiss-kiss! "It's okay, it's me, Logan." kiss "see that was a kiss, kisses are good. and I like you is a really good word. Wicked people say bad words, righteous people say good words. Like me, I am righteous and funny."

she is crying a little harder now, "I like your cry Ellie, it is really beautiful."

Ellie is done now and wants her mommy.

4 comments:

Shelly! said...

That is so cute! I love "don't be nervous, I won't get you". I'm guessing that Logan's siblings "get" him every once and a while :)

homeschooling Mama said...

I found your blog! LOVE the things kids say. So cute!

Janna G said...

So cute. Logan is a funny guy! what a good big brother.

Kelsey said...

Awww.... so sweet. Moments like that make up for all the I-just-want-to-stuff-my-face-into-a-pillow-and-scream moments. :-) I'm proud to be the aunt of such a sweet boy!